Before I get started, I should warn you, I am NOT a beauty guru!
Just like I say with my weekly outfits, which are there for inspiration and fun, I am NOT, IN ANY WAY, a fashion/beauty/style expert.
I like what I like, so do what I do, and if it also works for you too, then that’s great, if not I’m sorry. But please don’t hate me!
Now back to the regularly scheduled make up tutorial.
Ok cool kids, I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Jackie Aina on YouTube. She’s a beautiful black girl that makes wonderful beauty videos. She’s also funny, down-to-earth and really good at what she does. My respect for her is through the roof.
Anyway, I’m subscribed to her channel, and came across her Natural Skin Makeup + Faux Freckles Tutorial a while ago.
I was so inspired by it that I tried my own Lolita version.
First I did it for Mechacon in New Orleans in August.
Then, I did it again for AWA in Atlanta in September.
And then I realized that it is my new favorite Lolita make.
And then I decided to try my hand at making a tutorial for it.
So, here we go.
Faux Freckles Kawaii Makeup
- It’s best to start with a fresh face so wash, cleanse, tone & moisturize first!
- Prime the whole face, especially sweat or shine prone areas like the forehead, high cheeks and above the upper lip.
- Put foundation on and around eyes and nose.
- Prime eyelids with a long lasting eye shadow primer. This prevents creases and color loss over the course of a busy day.
- Apply a brown eye shadow to the crease with a bullet tip brush.
- All over the eye lid apply a light cream, beige, or white eye shadow.
- Apply the darkest eye shadow to the outer corner with an angled brush.
- Gently blend the colors together with a soft rounded brush.
- Tightly line the outer eye with darkest brown eye shadow on the angled brush.
- Line the inner corner, top and bottom, and the water line with white eye liner.
- Cover the light color on the eye lid with a full glitter eye shadow.
- Fill in and shape eye brows with a dark brown eye pencil. And highlight under the eyebrows with a warm toned, light colored, matte eye shadow.
- Mascara all the eyelashes!
- Finish applying foundation to the rest of the face. Be sure to buff and swirl the foundation instead of brushing it on to avoid lines and streaks.
- Concealer, in a half shade lighter than the foundation, goes under the eyes, and in the center of the forehead.
- Contour the face with a foundation, a full shade darker, or contour cream. It goes around the outline of the face, cuts the cheeks in half, either side of the nose, traces the bottom lip and outlines the chin.
- Highlight the face with a warm tones highlight. Highlight goes in the center of the forehead, down the center of the nose, below the eyes but above the cheeks, along the cupid’s bow of the top lip, and the center of the chin.
- Blend the whole face well. Remember small circles and little pats, no broad strokes.
- Apply cream blush to apples of the cheeks and blend out.
- To make freckles get two shades of brown foundation/concealer/cream makeup. Dilute them with water/makeup oil/essential oil. I use Moroccan Argon oil.
- Using a tiny concealer brush apply random sized dots across the cheeks and nose between the eyes and the mouth.
- Apply powder blush on the cheeks over the “freckles”on the cheeks. It makes them looks more realistic or something. Who even knows.
- Then lips. I do natural looking lipstick colors with this look, but I think pinks, or red could be cute too!
- Set everything in place with setting powder and setting spray.
And that’s it. In just 24 simple steps you too can be a freckled doll (If it doesn’t work for you, please see the disclaimer. And also don’t hate me!).
If you’re more of a visual person, check out the video version of this tutorial over on my YouTube channel, Lifestyle Cute.
Let me know if you try this tutorial and if it works for you.
I’m going to finish getting dressed and go the fabric store, since I’m all made up now anyway!
In case you were wondering, the products I used include:
- Foundation: Fashion Fair Perfect Finish Cream to Powder Foundation in Pure Brown
- Concealer: LA Girls Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Toast
- Contour: RK by Kiss 3D Face Creator Foundation in Level 16
- Highlighter: Cream: Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter, Powder: Dirty Little Secret Baked Highlighter in Bellissima
- Blush: Cream: Flower Beauty Win Some, Rouge Some Creme Blush in Elegant Azalea, Powder: NYX Powder Blush in Summer Peach
- Eye Shadows: Too Faced Natural Matte Palette Sexpresso & Chocolate Cookie, Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette In The Buff, Too Faced Le Grand Palais Palette Arc de Triomphe & Flush
- Eye Liners: Professional Makeup Eyebrow Eyeliner Pencil in Taupe and White, NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Jet Black
- Mascaras: L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara & Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Lipstick: RK by Ruby Matte Lipstick in Brown Sugar
- Oil: Via Natural Ultra Care Moroccan Argan Oil
- Brushes: E.L.F. in various sizes