Don’t you just love that Bruno Mars .gif? It’s from his song That’s What I Like which I am LOVING right now!
Anyway, let’s not get distracted by the dance track, we’re here for a reason.
I want to create a new feature around here, a weekly round up of the stuff I like, well not just what I like, just the things that I can’t help but share. Honestly, this list could include TV, movies, fashion, nerd culture, gaming, crafts, beauty, DIY, anything my little heart desires. So, here it is:
- I don’t know how many of y’all are watching the new CW series Riverdale but everyone who isn’t should be! I remember briefly hearing about the then-upcoming Archie Comics re-imagining and being intrigued, but not enough to actually watch. Well, I missed out. I’ve caught up now, thanks to the episodes on the CW website and some creative searching so I can definitely recommend the dark, teen drama. It’s got teen angst, love stories, a motorcycle gang, family feuds, a murder mystery and at the heart of it all, maple syrup! Tune in to the CW Thursdays at 9/8c and make sure to catch all the old past episodes online.
- Speaking of Riverdale, because I’ve been obsessing over it so much lately I’ve been reading all kinds of episode reviews online. It struck me, in my obsessive scramble to absorb as much information about the show as humanly possible, that online commentators have radically differing opinions on the how. Over at the AV Club we’re loving Archie’s merry band of misfits but the BlackGirlNerds are not here for our love-fest. It amazes me how diametrically opposed people can be be. Though the recent episode reviews have been trending positive on both site. (Reader beware, there be spoilers ahead!)
- BlackGirlNerds also posted a pretty poignant article about black representation in the film, specifically the recently released X-Men film Logan. I’m not gonna spoil the article but if you read it, come back here and tell me what you think, or tweet me your thoughts @deedeecreative.
- Oh, my gosh, news from the world of BLACK SUPERHEROS! Black Panther has wrapped filming and given us a release date, February 16, 2018. I’m there, I’m so there, that’s 4 days before my birthday next year and I might just go see it all four days.
- AND, Luke Cage, the Netflix series, begins its filming in June and is scheduled to be done in March Yes, and please, I’ll take more power man. Sweet Christmas!
- My inner (is she really inner) planner addict was writhing with jealousy over the weekend watching Go Wild unfold on Instagram. All the swag, all the speakers, all the stickers. They got new 2018 Erin Condren planners, FoxyFixes, bullet journals, and SO MANY STICKERS! My little heart cannot handle it. As much as I want to be there next year it’s right in the middle of finals and I cannot justify it. But in two years, it’s on! Check out #gowild2017 on Facebook and Instagram to see what I mean.
- And, for those you who love to binge-read a blog, something I am notorious for. I just got through Gertie’s New Blog for Better Sewing. I’ve been a fan of Gretchen “Gertie” Hirsch for years, and probably started following her blog back in 2011 or 2012 because of a tutorial I found there. Recently though, I just wanted to watch her whole evolution and it’s so cool to watch her go from newbie home sewer, figuring it out as she goes along, to the accomplished sewing book author and sewing expert she is now. Very inspiring seeing as she did it in like 3 years. That’s amazing! I have all three of her sewing books in my Amazon cart right now, just waiting fr me to get enough money to pull the trigger. You should check her out if you’re into sewing, or just love women with cats who craft.